What type of diet is most effective for weight loss?

May 5, 2012 by

Question by Mattia C: What type of diet is most effective for weight loss?
What type of diet is most effective for weight loss? Also, please give me an example of a meal I could have for this diet. Thank you very much!

Answer by Kasey
anorexia

What do you think? Answer below!

Comments

8 Responses to “What type of diet is most effective for weight loss?”
  1. oliverh says:

the GI diet is the diet that works because its actually based on science rather then assumptions.

but you shouldent diet, you should excersise more, dietings baddd

2. Sagefit says:

Find your resting metabolism and add your calories burned from daily activity to it. This will give you your maintenance total that if you eat these calories you will stay the same weight. To safely lose 1-2 lbs a week deduct 500 calories a day from your maintenance total. Make sure that you eat at least 14 grams of fat per day also to keep your body functioning properly.Drink 8 oz of water for each 2 hrs you’re awake too.Go to MyPyramid.gov for proper nutrition intake amounts.

3. Amy says:

you can lose up to 4kg (around 8lbs) in 1 week with this diet

Day One
    All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good
    Day Two
    All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.
    Day Three
    A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.
    Day Four
    Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk.
    Day Five
    Today is feast day. You will eat tofu and tomatoes. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.
    Day Six
    tofu and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of tofu and vegetables. Eat to your heart’s content.
    Day Seven
    Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume.

Do 30 – 60 mins of cardio everyday like walking, jogging, bike ridding ect.

4. amc_065 says:

You don`t necessarily need to diet, however lots of vegetables and fruit help to fill you up and are low in calories.Go for walks with your pet, put on your favourite cd and dance or fill your mp3 player with your favourite make you wanna dance. Find ways to exercise, even stairs help. But the big factor is realize you didn`t put the weight on overnight so it`s not going to come off overnight, it`s a long process but totally worth it in the end.

5. meeks_84 says:

For me, I found any kind of diet is always going to be a fad. I simply can’t stick to anything that’s too controlling and doesn’t allow for special events or just off days.

I have never succeeded in any specific diet but recently when trying to loose that last bit of weight I gained during pregnancy with my son, I found a great website (it also has a free app for the iphone which I use ALL the time) where you can put in your current height and weight, and goal weight, and it calculates your daily calorie intake for you. As you eat or drink anything you log it (this is why the phone app is handy), although you can do it once a day at a convenient time, I find logging things as I eat them makes me more honest in what i’m consuming. As you log a food, it subtracts the calories from your daily allowance, and you also log exercise a similar way, and that adds some calories back into your allowance. Meaning you can eat more calories if you exercise more.

It is called http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and the app has the same name. Its free which is great, and the database of foods is awesome which means even if you know nothing about calories and food, you type a food in and the database tells you what’s in it, as well as its nutritional values. The app has daily totals you can see if you’ve stuck to your plan AND if you’ve eaten enough or too much in order to satisfy you’re nutritional requirements. This feature is what I love most as it helps you begin to understand what foods are good and why, as well as learning portion control.

It must be good because i’ve lost 5kilograms in 4 weeks, and I have to say, I haven’t done any major work. Since I can see the results I am inspired to continue and I have already lost a dress size. I am not someone that has found diets easy in the past but this takes out the guess work. Sort of like weight watchers but free!! AND I have a 1 year old so although i’m lightly active, I don’t have time for major exercise, which means its even more vital for me to know my food intake, and exercise when I can.

6. Jerry Cantrell says:

A balanced diet not some fad…..I am a personal chef….

Here is an example of my breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal w/ some walnuts and Cinnamon….

Acai Strawberry juice and 1 piece of bacon

It’s all balanced……….

If you wanna maintain your current weight keep doing what you are doing…..Oatmeal helps shed pounds Google it

7. Selfgrowth says:

The best way to start dieting is to start eating healthy. Start with substituting olive oil for butter, eat whole grain breads, pastas add more fruits and veggies to your diet. Diet does not mean eating boring and tasteless food. Just eat what you like but start with these healthy substitutes and maybe lower the portion size and I am sure you will see a difference. I have tried a couple of diets like the GI , cabbage soup diet and the south beach diet they all worked real fast but did not last long. However I am now following the Mediterranean diet and it really helped me lose my weight slowly and steadily, it was a lot more easier to stick to than the others! Check out this article about Mediterranean diet it lists all the healthy options!