Q&A: What fruits and veggies are good for promoting weight loss?

January 17, 2012 by

Question by kickasschibi: What fruits and veggies are good for promoting weight loss?
I have been researching something called the “Acai berry” but i do not know where to get anything with the acai berry in it. So i was wondering, what are good fruits and vegetables that promote weight loss and metabolism. Please and thank you!

Answer by Body Toning Expert
Most green vegetables are considered negative calorie foods which will help in weight loss. Acai berry is overrated.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Comments

9 Responses to “Q&A: What fruits and veggies are good for promoting weight loss?”
  1. AnswerMe says:

Any and all. Remember, variety is best.

2. Sunflower says:

i just want to say…. i dont know lol. but seriously? when you diet make sure you diet right. Spinach is good. it gives you fiber, is great with dressing and extras of your choice….fiber helps you poop.
    in regaurds to dieting, spinach is better than lettuce. Lettuce has basiccly no nutrituional value.

Good recipe.
    Raw spinach(comes bagged in grocery stores, sometimes with parsnips too)
    fresh strawberries
    baby carrots
    onions
    baked chicken breast cut into cubes and mixed in the salad
    lemon juice

3. daeve930 says:

Fruits and vegetables are all good for you, including potatoes. There’s a group called cruciferous (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale) that are helpful in fighting cancer. All fruits and vegetables have fiber and vitamins. Some, like cucumber, celery and zucchini are very very low in calories. Use cucumbers on sandwiches instead of pickles and avoid the salt and preservatives. It’s very refreshing. Sweet potatoes help regulate blood sugar. Corn, peas and potatoes have more calories than other veggies, but each has something else to offset those. Just don’t eat a ton of them each time, and kind of spread them out over the week. Corn, peas and potatoes everyday is better than a lot of other things, but not optimal.

The only things I see with acai are juices where that’s one ingredient. Another hot commodity right now is pomegranate. It’s pretty potent, so I bought it mixed with cranberry, then I make a spritzer of that and either club soda or diet Sprite. I can’t stand the taste of diet soda, but adding a strong flavored fruit juice kind of hides it. I do this with red wine too, mix it with diet Sprite.

I make a salad similar to the one mentioned above. I use a combination of greens (sorry, I LIKE iceberg, I know it’s mundane, but I mix romaine in too) and then put strawberries, blueberries, mandarine oranges and pineapple in any combination, turkey or chicken chunks, and a low fat poppy seed dressing. Ott’s Low Fat Poppyseed is really good, but I don’t know if that’s available outside the midwest. I can’t recall seeing it anywhere else. Walden Balsamic Vinaigrette is wonderful. It has no fat, sugar, calories…I’m afraid to find out what is in it! But I’m not looking. I use it to baste chicken, turkey cutlets, pork chops…I really love it. Their raspberry vinaigrette and pancake syrup are wonderful too. Pricey, but worth the cost. I hate the ketchup and BBQ sauce, though. Shrimp sauce was pretty good.

I’m diabetic and try not to kill myself when I eat.

4. Ben R says:

You need to make sure that you both exercise and eat healthy if you want to achieve the changes in weight you desire. There are no quick fixes, but there are plenty of different methods you can use to achieve the body that you desire.

For some great free and detailed weight loss, health, dieting and fitness information – travel over to the link below.

5. Facepeer says:

I heard many green vegetables and fruits are recommended.
    Refer : http://www.modernhealthtips.com/weight_loss/super-simple-weight-loss-tips/

6. lifeplayer says:

The following vegetarian menu sample shows how easy it is for essential fatty acids are a part of your daily vegetarian diet.
    Breakfast:
    1 bagel with 2 tablespoon vegan margarine, 1 medium orange, 1 cup of Cheerios cereal and 1 cup soy milk
    Lunch: Sandwich
    of hummus with 3 / 4 cup chickpeas and 2 teaspoons tahini (a sandwich spread made from ground sesame seeds) 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 3 slices tomato and sliced avocado
    Dinner:
    1 cup cooked pasta with 1 / 4 cup marinara sauce, 1 / 3 cup carrots, 1 cup cooked broccoli (frozen or fresh), and 1 whole wheat roll
    Snack:
    1 / 2 cup almonds and 1 cup soy milk

7. Jenny H says:

I have been through it all and know what’s it about. The main thing is to stick in there. You can’t be an addict to food and never exercise if you want to live a healthy life and keep the weight off. I’ve worked out, done every diet, and all types of classes.

Nothing works, besides dedication and intelligence towards the subject of losing weight.

First, depending on how much weight you need to lose, your diet is the first concern. You can’t eat 10,000 calories a day and expect the weight to come off, even if you are exercising a lot. Which brings us to the next thing. Duh, Exercising…

This is a must especially if you need to a lot of weight. Get at least 30 mins of some good hardcore exercising. Do some cardio, in the long run, it’s good for the heart.

However, I find the most hardest part of losing weight/keeping it off, in my diet. It’s so hard to keep your fingers out of the cookie jar or those chocolate goodies. I’ve found a great addition to help any one out, it’s a natural weight loss supplement called Proactol. Now don’t get all crazy on me and say diet pills don’t work. That is true, but not in this case. This one isn’t meant to burn pounds while you sit on the couch. It’s an appetite suppressant, along with being a fat binder. I saved money on the pills at theweightlossplace.com along with getting some good info. It basically makes those fingers not go towards the cookie jar. For me it’s the best pill I’ve tried and I’ve tried cupboards full. Now this doesn’t mean you have to follow my foot steps but I’ve successfully lost roughly 70 pounds and keeping it off til this day.

Well good luck and remember what I said, Dedicate.

8. mamma says:

i have been researching the same things. i have learned that the more colorful your food the better like add lots of different colored veggies. i dont know much about acai berry however i have researched it before and i have been told that blueberries do the same things.